Monday, May 10, 2010

Photos of our First Neighborhood

Well, these two pictures have nothing to do with China but they are most important to us as this is our first grandchild, Clementine! Already be-bopping on the I-pod. Hey, look, this is my blog. I can put anything on here I want.








Back to China. Here are some pictures of our neighbors and scenes within the lane where we first lived as described in my most recent post. This first picture is of my friend , Mary ( names have been changed to protect the innocent). She would regale me for hours with tales of old Shanghai, the Communist take over, The Cultural Revolution and now economic prosperity. Unfortunately, I am only up to about 200 mandarin words so I had to fill in the blanks, but here body movements were very expressive.


These are the girls in the 'hood. We had some wicked mahjong games.

1 comment:

  1. John,

    That Clementine is a beauty. I see Jane in her in the serious shot and you in her in the goofy shot (no, I'm not saying you're goofy.) She's a real beauty. Finally, you guys had to go to China in order for us to get the latest pic of Clementine Jane!! Thanks for sharing. Oh, b-t-w, your blog is great, too.


    Susannadanna

    ReplyDelete